Friday, February 8, 2013

Scarf



I got a sewing machine for my birthday in November and haven't had much time since then to even enjoy it. I decided to learn to sew too late, as my grandma would have been the best teacher in the world. I have been more than inspired by pinterest though and have lots of projects in mind. I made the "five minute infinity scarf" recently. It took me a little longer than five minutes, but who's counting?!
I used one yard of thinner flannel from Joann's. I highly recommend you go in to feel this fabric, because anything that's too stiff isn't going to make a good scarf. The directions said to use the whole cut, but I wanted my scarf to be skinnier. So I folded the yard in half and cut up the middle. Then I folded THAT piece in half and sewed it into a tube. Connect the two ends together by tucking one into the other and stitching it shut. Voila! An infinity scarf in whatever print you so desire! I am glad I did this, as I can never find prints I love in a store.

Next up, a little ruffle fabric dress for the smallest love of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment